Packing for your BVI yacht charter
What to bring
If you haven’t chartered a yacht before, you are in for a vacation like no other. The Virgin Islands are very laid back and informal, so keep your packing to a minimum and you won’t miss a thing.
The following are only suggestions, but we find you need less than you think! Please use soft-sided foldable luggage so you have plenty of room to move. If you are unsure about what to bring, please ask.
- T-shirts and shorts are the perfect for the trip
- A polo shirt is like a tuxedo here, so pack one if you must
- Swim wear
- Sun hat
- Rash Guard or T-Shirt for snorkelling
- Flip flops for your time ashore (you will be barefoot onboard)
- Shoes for walking, hiking or running
- Sun glasses
- Sun screen high factor (non staining; no oil or sprays please)
- Chargers for phones, iPods, etc. (110-240 Volt)
- Snorkel and mask if you are attached to yours (boats supply fins, snorkels & masks)
- Dive certification if you wish to SCUBA dive
- Books, magazines, CD's, DVD's, iPod as you like
- Laptop computer if you wish to use the internet
- Insect Repellent
- Medicines as required
- Sea sickness remedies
- Drivers license if wanted
- Credit cards and currency (The USVI and BVI use US Dollars)
FYI, boats provide: Beach and bath towels and all bedding.